Splendour of East
Darjeeling, known as the queen of the Himalayas is situated in the Northern Part of the Indian state of West Bengal. The city is located in the Siwalik Range of the lesser Himalayas and is famous for its tea industry. The city is also famous for the Darjeeling Himalayan Railways which is one among the UNESCO World Heritage List. There are a large number of tourist destinations in Darjeeling making this place a wonderful holidaying experience. Tourist places in india.com offers you complete guidance on all that you want to know about Darjeeling.
To the east, a dull orange sun emerged painting the sky with brilliant strokes of magenta, gold, orange and fuchsia. The snow capped Everest, Kabru, Kanchenjunga, Jannu and other peaks slowly emerge from slumber to start a new day. The sun worshippers gasp at the magnificent sight. As the fog lifts in the slowly penetrating sun, the town gradually comes alive. Amidst brewing of tea, the sing-song Gorkhali which is the local dialect, rises and falls like music.
NJP RAILWAY STATION / IXB (BAGDOGRA AIRPORT) - DARJEELING
Arrival at NJP Railway Station / Bagdogra Airport. Transfer to Darjeeling (7100 ft / 110 kms / 03 hrs). Arrives & Check in Hotel. Evening free for leisure. Overnight.
Early Morning at 0400 AM visit Tiger Hill ,famous for sunrise over Mt. Kanchendzonga, on way back visit Ghoom Monastery, Batasia Loop and back to hotel. After breakfast proceed for visit Mix points, covering The Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, PNZ Zoological Park (closed on Thursday) Tenzing Rock, Tibetans Refuge Centre (closed on Sunday), Tea Garden (outer view), Rope way, Japanese Temple, Ava Art Gallary & Peace pagoda. Overnight stay at hotel.
After breakfast transfer to Gangtok (5500 ft / 115 kms / 4½ hrs). Afternoon proceed for local half day sightseeing around gangtok city covering Jhakri Water Falls, Research Institute of Tibetology (Closed on Sunday & govt. Holidays), Do-Drul Chorten, Directorate of Handicrafts & Handloom (Closed on Sunday & Govt. Holidays) & Flower Show. Overnight at hotel.
A day excursion to Tsangu Lake (departure at 0900 to 0930 AM hrs ) - situated at a height of 3,780 Mts. with an average depth of 50 ft & Back to Gangtok. Evening free. Over night stay at hotel.
Pick-up from hotel at Gangtok at about 10 a.m. proceed to Lachung (124 Kms / 06 Hrs) at an altitude of 9,600 ft. On the way stop and enjoy a few wonderful locations like Tashi View Point, Kabi Lungstok, Naga Waterfalls, the confluence of Lachen-Chu and Lachung- Chu at Chungthang, Twin Waterfalls and Bhim Nala Waterfalls. Lunch will be served at Namok. You are likely to reach Lachung at late afternoon / in the evening and will check in our hotel.
After breakfast leave for Yumthang (11800 ft / 43 Kms / 02 Hrs) On the way you may visit the famous hot spring. Yumthang is a large valley surrounded by mountains where the tree line ends. In April / May / June the valley erupts in a riot of colours as Rhododendrons, Primulae and many other Alpine Flowers are in full bloom. In the winter months, Yumthang is somber with snow all around, and the anow clad mountains adding to the ethereal beauty. Return to Lachung for Lunch. After lunch visit Lachung Monastery, Cottage Industry and Waterfalls. Dinner will be served at about 8 p.m.
After breakfast leave for Gangtok. On the way stops between singhik, Mangan and if the weather is clear you may get to see the Khangchendzonga Range. This location offers a majestic view of Mt. Pandim, Mt. Kabru, Mt. Simvo, Mt. Jopuno, Mt. Khangchendzonga and Mt. Siniolchu. Lunch at Namok on the way. O/n at Gangtok.
GANGTOK – KALIMPONG
After breakfast, transfer to Kalimpong (4000 ft / 79 kms / 03 hrs). Here you do the sightseeing of Delo Hills, Dr. Grahm’s Home, Pine View Nursery, Jang-Dong-Palrifro-Brang Gompa, Mangal Dham & Durpin Dara View Point. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 9: KALIMPONG-NJP RAILWAY STATION / IXB AIRPORT
After breakfast, transfer to NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport (85 kms / 03 hrs) for your onward journey.
- Assistance on Arrival & Departure.
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis as Per Plan.
- Lachung and Lachen on APAI (With all Meal).
- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle (refer vehicle details in terms & conditions, column) for transfers & sightseeing. Please brief to guest that vehicle will not be at disposable it will available to guest as per itinerary only.
- Transport to Tsanu Lake & Lachen/Lachung by Non Ac Sumo for all category.
- All permit fees & hotel taxes.
- Air Fare/Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips. Liquor, boating & joy rides.
- Any other item not specified in "Cost Includes".
- Additional sightseeing or usages of vehicle not mention in the itinerary.
- Guide & Entrance Fees.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blocks etc (to be borne by the clients directly on the spot).
|Solo Traveler||2 PAX||3 PAX||4 PAX||5 PAX||6 PAX||8 PAX||10 PAX||10 PAX+|
Child - /w bed: N/A Child - /wo bed: N/A
* Price is showing for each person (PAX). If price is ৳ 37,500/PAX, then total for 2 PAX will be ৳ 75,000 and so on...
Select Pacakge To Calculate Price
- Hill Station
- 9Day(s) - 8Night(s)
- Minimum Cancellation is Rs. 500/-per Head.
- 25% Between 15-10 Days Before Tour Departure.
- 50% Between 10-05 Days Before Tour Departure.
- 75% Between 05-01 Days Before Tour Departure.
- 100% on the Same Day & No show.
- Cancellation charges as % of Total Tour Cost.